I finally finished a sweater for my little one. A loooong time ago I bought a kit from Mary Maxim, and I only got around to it a few weeks ago. The name of the sweater is Funky Flowers Pullover (US link here, Canadian link here). I omitted the embroidered flowers because, up close and IMHO, they just did not look all that great on the rib pattern. I might add them later, who knows...
The kit contained Mellowspun yarn, an acrylic, but boy, is it ever soooooft and pleasant to work with. Not the greatest stitch definition with this one, but that's a minor thing. And, oh yeah, I generally dislike acrylics, but this one is pretty darn nice. My only pet peeve is that I found that each skein had different yardage - a markedly different yardage. Not that I measured or anything, but... I knit identical front and back sections at the same time, each from a separate skein. I did the same thing for the sleeves. Both times, one skein had noticeably more yardage left than the other, like almost twice the yardage of the skein with less yarn. Hmmm....Anyway, the sweater is done, my munchkin loves it, so I'll just move on to my other UFO's.
Najpierw dziekuje wszystkim za odwiedziny na blogu, oraz za mile slowa i dodanie mi otuchy jezeli chodzi o brak czasu na robotki. Sweterek dla coreczki zrobiony - jak zwykle na wyrost. Coreczka aprobuje (jak widac na ponizszym zdjeciu, szczerzy zeby). Robilo sie wlasciwie latwo, z akrylu (bardzo miekki), tyle ze jak zwykle dlugo. Jakos nie moge dzisiaj pisac. Trudno mi wydobyc z siebie slowa. Jakas taka ciagnaca smola zamiast mozgu. Dzisiejszy upal nie pomaga. Przepraszam, wiecej nie drecze. Pozdrawiam.
Czarny journal z myszką
1 month ago